CREATIVE EXPLORATIONS. MUSINGS. IDEAS. QUESTIONS.SNAPSHOTS.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

ANY INTERESTING GERMAN!?

Ok!

My current goal list has been pushed into progress and this post is an appeal! One point in my list says:

LEARN INTERESTING GERMAN

Which means not fully learn German or leant anything in German. So, first, i'll define "interesting" as it means for me in this context today:

  • words with no english equivalent
  • words that are unusual
  • words that have been adapted into english
  • words that are funny or refer to something peculiar or refer to something in a peculiar way.

The first step to doing this successfully is:

  • Find a German who is interested, and interesting

So if you are, or know someonw who is, or know someone who knows someone who is..you get the idea: let me know!!!

5 comments:

kerry said...

hello! thank you so much for your comments. it means so much to me that you've been visiting my blog, reading my words, and responding to me. i can't even say how much it means. i am eager to reconnect in this blog world - i learn so so much from the words exchanged with people who comment, and from the opportunity to dive into other people's worlds and hearts they post on their own blogs. (i wasn't quite sure -- is WATERMARK the blog you currently use to post - are the others old ones or diff.? is watermark (here) how i can reply and comment to you?)
i'll be back! thanks again.

MAHIMA said...

kerry! this is the blog i post most often to. my other blogs are slower :)
LISTOMANIC is for lists only. :)
Kalimpong Diaries is a combined blog with 3 other friends.
BRUSHSTROKES is my mail art blog.

feel free to cxomment on any/all of these :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mahima,

I know this is totally random but I happened to visit your blog few days ago as I was searching for my friend who shares the same first name with you. One interesting thing that I observed was that you have these "chappal" (or flipflops...I hope you got the idea) drawn. When I went to an art store few blocks away from my school, I happened to see a piece which has 5 or 6 chappals in different colors (some plain with polka dots and some with stripes) all vertically painted on a rectangular sheet with the breath equal to the chappal's length. Can you think you can do that? I just want to look at a different version of what I saw there.

Anjana

MAHIMA said...

lol,
anjana, i'll try. will post when i've got it. :)
thanks for the idea.

Writer Bug said...

Too funny. I love this concept. I love language, and this is such an interesting way to go about studying one. Unfortunately, though I am german by decent, I don't speak it.