CREATIVE EXPLORATIONS. MUSINGS. IDEAS. QUESTIONS.SNAPSHOTS.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Soul Card writings- A Series

These are a series of cards I drew during a conversation, on a particular issue... a long, convoluted issue with no end or solution in sight. This card came so often- all the time, every pick it was either that card or the base. I see a relevance, a connection. But not entirely. if you see one, if something immediately strikes you about the image, tell me. Maybe it'll help.
To see the card that corresponds to each of these pieces, click on the date.
I
Errupt.
it may bleed
don't be afraid to get dirty
it may hurt
but it's surface
-the wound.
don't be afraid
just breathe
i know you are blameless.
are you still hiding something?
show me.
you are already forgiven.
am i?
blood. bleed. bloody.
cut. sever. abort.
do you know the truth?
there will be calm.
pray for clarity.
II
Muddied.
even your clarity
is
muddied.
leave.
move into the sun.
or else
III
distress is an experience
at once
painful
and catalytic.
change is on the way.
IV
a rupture
then blood
covered
clean hands
are not enough to prove innocence.
V
i am stained
uncleanable
never again
that freshness
of face and soul
foolish
but not unfeeling.
look at me
now
stains
dark brown
like chocolate
or dried blood
on my face
my hands
my memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

with reference to the first peice/card:
the first thing that strikes me is the blood. that i would associate with loss, pain, suffering, also a vulnerability. needing healing, care. the open bleeding, to me, would say its raw, not being able to heal itself. and therefore, the issue is still raw, unhealed, open with no move yet towards betterment or a complete end, but just as bad as it was. also as painful.

Anonymous said...

V
to me is the most evocative
-the image and the peice.
stain is certainly a strong element in it. indelible, almost.
there is also a maturity to the face here. accentance openness understanding. giving people chances. over and over. sometimes to the detriment of herself. vulnerability also seems to me an element in this.